Welcome to Threesistersandus.com! I created this website to blog about my family focusing mainly on my three beautiful kids and a lovely husband. Within this website, i will post blogs and events which have occurred in my daily life. I hope all of you enjoy my stories and learn from my experiences. Where It All Started Our love began at a local gas station where we first meet eyes. It all spiraled from there to where we are stand today; still in love with three beautiful daughters, our fur baby who is a pit bull that you will see on the blog and our first home. But in between from when we fell in love at first sight to where we are now, we dated. Our first date ever was to the pumpkin patch. Romantic right? Hendrick (my husband now) was such a gentlemen at the time when it came time for our first kiss he was so kind to ask if it were okay to kiss me. I not so kindly replied with a no. By the third time, I did say yes though.
As time went on we found out we were expecting. Of course, this was more shocking and frightening news for us. Once the initial shock settled in and disappeared. We were actually excited yet still scared to become first-time parents. One, we were only boyfriend and girlfriend. Two, I was still a senior in high school. Three, all the above. We went forward with our decision to have our daughter. The best decision ever in the world I could have ever made. A couple months later Hendrick had proposed. He drove us out to the beautiful Lake Michigan. Even though it was already dark there were still some people on the beach. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. A little over a year later we said our vows in the church he grew up in and that I started attending. I never imagined getting married at nineteen years old or becoming a Mother for the first time at eighteen years old. Or in fact overcoming statistics of young marriages who have had a child first. But it goes to show people it can be done. As time traveled on I knew he was the one. I knew God placed both of us in that gas station for a reason. I’m an enormous believer that everything happens for a reason. That God has a plan. Some which we may not always understand. We truly fell in love at first sight in that gas station!
Random Information About Me:
- I am more of a morning person than I am a night owl.
- I would rather smell a pot of freshly brewed coffee than have an ice cold beer; In that theory I weakness for petite vintage cafes.
- During the day you can catch me chasing around our 3 daughters while wishing I had a magic wand for my house work.
- In my down time I love to write. Wether it’s for my blog or a book I am currently working on.
- When I’m feeling crafting I get out my knitting needles and get creative or my sewing machine.
- When I’m feeling in a cozy mood I open up a book from my mini library scattered throughout my home. I prefer to have a book in my hand rather than a tablet.
- I was never fond of my name growing up. Maybe because I was always called “Katie” for short. Once I entered high school I made sure EVERYONE called me “Kaitlyn” and now I have grown to love my name.
- I can never find the correct spelling of my name on a cup etc.
- I married the love of my life at the age of 19.
- My husband and are blessed with 3 beautiful daughters.
- I won my first writing contest in the 4th grade. I’m still pretty proud!
- I had my first daughter at the age of 18.
Welcome To Three Sisters And Us!